What’s the best way to improve your English?
Broadly speaking, I’ve found that there are three kinds of EFL learners.
- Those who spend hours studying textbooks and speak slowly because they’re constantly focused on being 100% grammatically correct.
- Those who don’t do any of that, and just talk.
- Those who do a bit of both.
Who makes the most progress?
9 times out of 10, it’s the third type.
Studying the rules and trying to be accurate is great, but don’t get too caught up in it.
Don’t worry about making mistakes!
Learning English is hard, but the most important thing is to believe in yourself. You can do it.
Confidence is everything!
To improve your confidence in English:
- Speak English as often as you can. Speak more, improve more!
- Watch movies and TV shows in English. You’ll learn how to listen to English and learn new words too!
- Read about things you’re interested in, in English. You’ll learn lots of new words!
- Join an English class. Everyone’s learning, so you don’t need to worry about mistakes!
Which type of learner are you? What do you do to build your confidence? Leave a comment below – share what works for you!