Happy new year everyone! I hope you all had a great New Year’s Eve and are feeling motivated and positive today.
This new year has been very different for me so far – I’ve been spending it with my girlfriend’s family in Japan. Today we had a huge family breakfast together – cheesecake, salmon, crab, lobster, eggs – so much food. And beer. For breakfast!
My New Year’s resolution is to learn Japanese, so that I can hold a conversation with my girlfriend’s family – without doing this confused face:
To learn, I’m going to study a little every day. At the end of the year, all these small study-sessions will add up – and I’m going to have powerful, beautiful and natural Japanese. (Or maybe this is just my New Year’s optimism speaking).
If you want to improve your English this year, remember to try and use English every day – even if it’s only a small amount.
Things you can try:
- find a friend who’s also studying English – have one short conversation each day
- read an English news story about something you’re interested in
- find 3 new words and try to use them in conversation
- use English when you Google something
- listen to some English podcasts
- check out my site for free English lessons, exercises and examples
Remember – the little things you do will add up! If you learn and use 3 new words every day, at the end of the year you’ll have learnt over 1000 new words! Wow!
Let’s stay motivated this year! Do a little every day, and by the end of the year, we’ll have changed our lives!